with Larry Brown, SMU Head Coach;
distinguished member of the Basketball Hall of Fame (2002); the sixth-winningest coach in NBA history (1,098 career victories); former University of Kansas Head Coach and coach of the Detroit Pistons and Charlotte Bobcats; only head coach to win both an NCAA title (Kansas - 1998) and an NBA Championship (Detroit - 2004)
In many of Championship Productions' All Access videos, coaches work with teams who know their system from past seasons. In this unique video, you will see NBA and NCAA championship coach Larry Brown introduce his system to a new team. Watch Coach Brown's initial practices as the head coach at SMU.
• Develop your guards' ability to attack with dribble penetration
• Learn to transition into the SMU pick and roll offense or various entry sets
This session focuses on Coach Brown raising his team's basketball IQ. Watch as Brown introduces his shell drill for both offense and defense. Brown does a variety of things in the shell drill set. In this set, the team defends cutters, screens, and post ups.
• Develop a full court style of play with the "Carolina" and "Father Judge" transition drills
• Learn offensive sets and actions such as "Split" and "Double" in a half court 5v0 drill
• Discover a great way to enter into your offense against defensive pressure
Coach Brown works his team through his offensive and defensive concepts. He starts with fast break and shooting drills and then begin work on their offense. Mostly working without a defense, they get the kinks out by repeatedly going over the details of the plays.
• Learn offensive breakdown drills for post players to emphasize scoring opportunities in the "3" offensive set
• Learn how SMU works under the basket out of bounds plays
• Discover a great way to practice defending cutters
In this disc, Larry Brown mixes things up a bit. The Mustang's work the shell game for extended time and put in time with shooting drills and transition before moving into position work in a split session. Coach Brown takes the guards and Assistant Head Coach Tim Jankovich takes the post players. While the guards work on the Iverson Drill, the post players work on the pin in, the "fan and blast" and tending the goal by creating a wall. They finish up with some 5-on-0 offensive sets work.
• Develop a full court style of play with a variety of transition drills
• Install your offensive system through a controlled, full court scrimmage
• Use competitive five minute games to raise performance while also working on special situations
After full court warm up drills and defensive work, Coach Brown gets into some 5-on-5 work for the first time in this series. See 5-on-5 line transition that works on matching up and organizing on both offense and defense. Through both proper execution and mistakes, Brown reinforces what he is trying to accomplish and what it takes to get there.
The improvement of Brown's team from disk to disk is impressive. Order now and get unprecedented access to a distinguished Hall of Fame coach teaching every aspect of basketball!
448 minutes. 2013.
All Access videos are designed to allow viewers from all over the world to see how successful coaches run their practices in a "live" practice setting. All Access videos allow viewers to see the practices un-edited and in real-time. You will see how top coaches run their drills, interact with their team and staff, how they motivate their team, the cue words they use, the atmosphere of the practice and how practices are structured from day to day. Many coaches visit successful colleges and high schools to watch practice. But if you live out of state or out of the country, visiting another coach's gym can be costly. That's why we created the All Access Practice Series of videos -- to bring the practices to you!