Get 20+ everyday drills for developing sharp shooters and for accelerating player improvement
- Build accurate jump shooters by improving footwork for spot-ups and pull-ups and when coming off of screens
- Teach players to create scoring opportunities for themselves using flare and pin down screens
- Avoid charges and blocked shots by mastering floaters and pull up jumpers
with Ray Giacoletti, former Drake University Head Coach;
former Assistant Coach at Gonzaga; former University of Utah Head Coach, 2005 Mountain West Coach of the Year, 2005 MWC Champions, finalist for the Naismith Coach of the Year Award
A team that can shoot from anywhere on the floor will greatly improve your ability to build a successful offensive system.
Former Gonzaga assistant and now Drake University head coach, Ray Giacoletti, introduces over 20 drill packages you can use to improve all things related to shooting precision. You'll learn valuable drills that refine shooting form and build muscle memory - key aspects for improving accuracy.
In all, you'll get over 20 drills that focus on shooting off the dribble, off of ball-screens, off of flare-screens, off of pin-down screens, while in transition, spot-up shooting and more. You'll also learn how to design drills to accelerate player improvement by making the drills competitive and measurable.
Beginning with the end in mind, Coach Giacoletti sets his players up to earn their right to shoot from beyond the 3-point line. The 3-point license is the measuring stick used by Coach Giacoletti to select which players can shoot from long distance in a game. This drill has players performing at game speed to make shots off the pass, dribble and stagger screens. By developing a 3-point license, you will be able to push your players to become consistent scoring threats from beyond the arc.
Individual Shooting Drills
Repetition is the key to building muscle memory and long distance accuracy. You'll learn how to maximize reps and get the most out of your players with seven competitive drills that are time and goal-oriented.
Improve your team's conditioning with shooting drills such as Reggie Miller Transition and the Raider Drill, which challenges players to battle fatigue while maintaining their shooting accuracy. Make your players multidimensional scorers with a mid-range game in the Fremont Drill, where players learn how to attack out of the triple threat and score off the dribble with pull-up jump shots. Three additional shooting games will motivate your players to improve their accuracy as they focus on maintaining shooting streaks to win.
Team Shooting Drills
The best team shooting drills are fast-paced and get everyone involved. Coach Giacoletti and staff use this approach to reduce the amount of time players spend standing around in practice.
- The Finishers Drill helps your perimeter players develop seven different ways of attacking the rim.
- The Pin Down and Flare series will show your players the scoring options that can be created off screens using different cuts such as curls, bump backs, and 45 degree cuts.
- The Attacking Ball Screens Drill trains three different ways of scoring from side ball screens. Your players will improve their ability to hit shots off of penetrate and kick, baseline drift passes, and filling up from behind the pick and roll.
- The Floaters Drill helps improve your players' efficiency with this challenging shot that's becoming increasingly more common in today's game as defenses pack the paint to prevent shots at the rim.
- The Baseline Drill is a fantastic drill for your entire team to enhance their footwork with a "1, 2 step" while catching and shooting on the move.
Offensive Breakdown Drills
Coach Giacoletti demonstrates three drills that emphasize different aspects of his half court motion series and transition offense. The Five on Zero Transition provides eight options for getting early baskets with your primary fast break, and also shows how you can flow into a motion offense from transition. In the Motion Passing Drill, posts and guards work on reading the defense and finding the open man coming off different screening actions.
Coach Giacoletti packs this DVD with drills and concepts coaches of all levels can use every day in practice. You will come away with a deeper understanding of how to develop players into consistent scoring threats from anywhere on the floor.